It’s hard to make things easy for us when Uncle Dodong died. He is a brave man. He fought his cancer well. He did not let us see him suffering for he knows we might have lost hope seeing him agonizing the pain. He flew to Manila three months ago. And I never thought he will come back home not breathing anymore. All they said was he’s just into herbal medications. They never inform us he’s dying of cancer. I didn’t even have time to say thank you to him. I’m glad Auntie Inday was strong enough to face Uncle Dodong’s death. Te, we’re here for you. You know that.
My uncle is a successful business man. He was loving husband. I could feel how much he love Auntie Inday so much. He was a good father to his sons, a bit considerate sometimes. He never hesitates to help us in terms of financial matters and he’s always a good money lender. He was always our major sponsor whenever we have our family reunion too. I’m gonna miss those family dinners we had together and those visits we usually do during holidays to our grandparents’ place.
I must admit that I am frightened with his clamorous voice when he speaks, but it’s just really his natural voice. Behind his terror mock when he’s angry is a boisterous laugh when he’s in good mood. He’s a good joker when it’s time for fun but his other side is also a serious man.
He is lucky with his business career and family. I remember what he told me before I enter college. We were heading to Malita at that time, he reminds me to prioritize my studies first. And when time comes I’ll have both job and family, I should learn to balance my time with them. According to him, it’s a big problem when you unbalance the two. You can’t just set aside your family behind or your career as well. The two is always in conflict, but you should learn to master its technique well to keep both their fires burning. Uncle, thank you for that advice, I’ll always remember it.
Generosity is what really represents his personality. He’s one of those people who planted in our hearts the value of family – of sharing…of helping…of loving one another. Friends and relatives who have come here, thank you so much for your sympathy.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment